Impacted wisdom teeth can often cause more harm than good for your smile, especially if they are completely bony-impacted. At 3D Dentistry, our team can provide wisdom teeth removals for complete bony impacted teeth at our office through our associated providers.
Wisdom teeth can often cause discomfort and pain and impact your oral health. Complete bony impacted teeth refer to wisdom teeth that have never broken through the gums and are embedded into the jawbone, causing problems with eruption. They often grow in angled positions towards other teeth and pose dental risks.
When you visit our office, our associated dentist will be able to perform your wisdom tooth removal procedure through the following steps:
- Initial Consultation: During your initial consultation, our mobile doctor and team will examine your mouth and take X-rays to determine the size, location, and position of your wisdom teeth.
- Treatment Plan: Based on the location and position of your wisdom teeth, our mobile doctor will outline and inform you about your surgery, expected results, and other dental care options available at our practice.
- Anesthesia: Our mobile doctor will administer anesthesia during the procedure to ensure you are comfortable and pain-free.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: Our mobile doctor will use advanced dental techniques to remove your wisdom teeth. This may involve making incisions in the gums and removing the teeth in sections.
- Post-Operative Care: Following your wisdom teeth removal, our mobile doctor will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for your mouth as it heals. We may also prescribe pain medication to manage any discomfort you may experience.
Is wisdom teeth removal painful?
Wisdom teeth removal is typically done under anesthesia, which means you shouldn’t experience any pain during the procedure. You may experience some soreness and discomfort after the procedure, but these problems can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication.
How long does it take to recover from wisdom teeth removal?
Recovery time can vary depending on your wisdom teeth, but most patients can easily return to normal activities within a few days. You may also need to avoid hard or crunchy foods during your recovery.
Will Dr. Bustos do my wisdom teeth removal?
No, but our practice works with a mobile doctor service that allows us to have your wisdom teeth removed at our office.
Is wisdom teeth removal necessary?
Wisdom teeth removal is necessary to prevent dental problems such as infection, decay, or damage to nearby teeth. Our associated doctor will discuss your situation with you during your consultation.
At 3D Dentistry, we focus on providing our patients with high-quality dental care services throughout the Bradenton, FL, area. If you have any further questions or want to schedule a consultation with our mobile doctor, please don’t hesitate to call (941) 253-2300.