Ever since the first science-fiction films, lasers have held a special place in our imagination. The word speaks of advanced science, even mad science. It speaks to the glitz and glamour of a futuristic world. It may surprise you to learn that lasers are an incredibly commonplace item in the modern world. They’re used in everything from entertainment to medicine to playing with your cats. In dentistry, lasers are at the vanguard of the newest advances in treatment. Laser gum surgery is just one example, and we’re going to tell you all about it.
Discovering Laser Gum Surgery
This procedure is a modern alternative to traditional surgery that comes with many benefits. Rather than using scalpels and stitches to achieve the desired results, lasers are put to the task. These allow modification of the contours of the gums without bleeding and without the need for stitches. The procedure creates limited discomfort and is excellent for reducing recovery times. These are just a simple selection of the benefits that come with laser gum surgery.
The 5 Benefits Of Gum Surgery With Lasers
- Less invasive – This procedure is a lot less invasive than more traditional methods of gum surgery. The same goals can be reached without slicing away tissue or requiring long healing times and stitches. Eliminating this healing period also reduces the chances of complications from the procedure.
- Effective Gum Disease Treatment – If gum disease isn’t treated in a timely manner, tooth loss can result. Advanced gum disease can actually destroy gum and bone tissue. Laser treatments are able to quickly address gum disease. This prevents gingival pocketing and can eliminate even the most stubborn bacteria.
- Enhance Your Smile – Having a smile that isn’t too gummy and has straight white teeth can give you a lot of confidence. Having too much gum can make you feel as if your teeth are too short. Laser gum surgery can remove this excess tissue and improve the overall appearance of your smile.
- Precision – Lasers are incredibly precise and damage less healthy tissue than traditional approaches. The treatment area will also heal faster without impacting your teeth or bones. This makes laser gum treatment the best choice for difficult-to-reach areas or for those who don’t want to deal with long recovery times.
- Rapid Recovery – Recovering from a traditional gum surgery can take a lot of time. It’s also filled with its own little inconveniences. Traditional gum surgery results in tender, swollen gums with stitches that can fail. A liquid diet is usually required to ensure that you don’t damage the treatment area and have to go back to the office for further treatment. Inflammation, bleeding, tissue loss, and significant discomfort can be avoided using laser gum treatment options.
These points make laser gum treatment the preferred choice of patients and dentists alike.
Speak To Your Dentist About Laser Treatment Options
Want to know if your oral health concerns can be addressed using laser gum surgery? Reach out to your dentist and schedule an appointment. They’ll go over your oral health conditions and concerns and let you know what kind of treatments are right for you.